One of the top favorite birthday party themes of little girls today is unicorn!
Unicorn is pretty and magical at the same time, no wonder why many girls want this as their birthday party theme.
Elegant Creators can help you if you are throwing a party with the same theme.
Try this DIY unicorn piñata which is a fun activity at a kiddie party and can also be used as a centerpiece.
What you need:
- Cardboard box
- Card stock
- White crepe or tissue paper
- Pastel or light colored tissue paper (for mane and tail)
- Black paper (for the eyes)
- Masking tape
- String/ribbon (for hanging)
- Hot glue
- Paper glue
- Download and print a free unicorn template online
- Trace the pattern onto two separate cardboards (you’ll need two for one piñata)
- Make long strips of cardboard about 2 inches wide
- Form your unicorn by taping the cardboard strips along the edges of the unicorn, seal the sides using a masking tape but leave a small portion open if you plan to fill it with candies
- Create a small hole on the back of the unicorn and insert a knotted string or ribbon for hanging
- Cut the white crepe or tissue paper into strips about 10 cm wide
- Fold the strips in half
- Create the fringe by cutting the paper into strips with 1 cm intervals, leaving 1 cm at the top uncut
- Repeat step 8 until you have your desired amount of fringe (cut a longer strips of light-colored crepe paper for the mane and tail)
- Start covering the unicorn with white tissue/crepe paper using paper glue
- Glue the light-colored crepe paper for the mane and tail
- Make a cone using a card stock and cover with glitter for the horn
- Hot glue the horn to the unicorn
- Draw the unicorn’s eyes onto the black paper, cut, and stick to the
- Let dry for at least 30 minutes
- Fill the unicorn with candies and hang
Let us know which one you like the best in the comment section below
Click Here and Join our Facebook Group For more ideas